Dear Barrie Community Health Centre Community,
We would like to provide an important update regarding our current COVID-19 strategy. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff and community members. We know this is a stressful time, but we are here to provide care and support to you and your family. Please visit our website for regular updates. Together, we will get through this! Stay healthy and safe!
Sincerely, The Barrie Community Health Centre team
The following is a list of precautionary measures being taken by our clinic:
Alternate Assessment Centre
The COVID-19 alternate assessment centre is being held in one portion of the Community Health Centre. If you do need to come to the BCHC for an appointment you will enter through the front door, where you will be greeted by members of the BCHC team. The patients for the alternate assessment centre will be entering through the community room door.
Effective Tuesday July 6th 2020
Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
BCHC Group Programs
- The BCHC has postponed all in-person group programs and workshops until further notice.
BCHC Services Available
- Social Work - All one-on-one social work counselling appointments will be conducted via phone. Same day appointments are also being provided.
- To access services, ask your family physician or nurse practitioner to send a counselling referral on your behalf or call reception at 705-734-9690
- Physiotherapy - All physiotherapy appointments have been cancelled at this time and wellness checks will be completed by phone from the Physiotherapists as needed
- Dietitian - All appointments will be conducted via phone or video conferencing.
- Diabetes - All appointments will be conducted via phone or in person if requested by the patient. All patients will be actively screened for COVID-19.
- Virtual Visits - Some appointments are being made available through e-visits or OTN via the desktop computer. In person OTN visits are temporarily not being scheduled.
Primary Care Appointments
- If you need to book an appointment with your Physician, Nurse Practitioner or the clinic Nurse, all bookings must be done over the phone. The BCHC will not be open to walk-ins seeking an appointment, as we will be doing active screening prior to each appointment.
- Your request for an appointment will be triaged to determine if the appointment can be handled over the phone, using video technology or if an in-person, face-to-face visit is required.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, you will be screened for COVID-19 at the time of booking and again on-site at the point of entry for your appointment.
- If you have an appointment scheduled at the BCHC and develop COVID-19 symptoms prior to the day of your appointment, please DO NOT COME TO THE BCHC and call the clinic at 705-734-9690 to inform reception of the change in your health.
Self-Assessment Screening Tool
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, please use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care.